Monday, May 22, 2006

Writing Has Become My Solace

I think I have written more in the past month than I have in the past 10 years put together. It has become part of my daily routine and I look forward to it. I sit and think and the words just spill out onto the page... or I guess across the screen. I get a comment every now and then from people I know about something I have written. But for the most part, I have no idea who is reading my blog. The myspace blog manager shows that it gets viewed more than 100 times a day? But I don't even have that many people on my friends list? It makes one wonder... I don't write anything that I wouldn't want anyone to read... or I wouldn't post it, right? On occasion, I have even gotten messages from complete strangers sending words of encouragement and praise on my writing. I enjoy that. It's good to know that what I write can impact people... even those who don't know me or Jason or anyone else I know. It's kind of refreshing. Like publishing a novel and never knowing who will buy it or who will read it. I guess you never know? But I know I feel better when I write. And I will continue.

But I don't really know what to say today. Nothing has changed. Last night, I watched the Sopranos and went to bed fairly early. Not a very exciting Sunday evening. But I am certainly looking forward to this 3-day weekend coming up. I hope I can get a few more things done around the house, especially in the yard. Because I know after this surgery, I won't feel like or be able to do much for a while. John seems to think he won't have his son for the weekend, so hopefully he will have time to give me a hand on at least getting started.

So, is it sad that my life has resorted to looking forward to what comes on television tonight? I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to American Idol until Jason and I broke up. But I have been watching almost every week now and am really looking forward to the finale this week. I think ol' Taylor Hicks from Birmingham has got this one in the bag! I certainly hope so anyway. I think he deserves it more than the girl... much more natural and certainly does his own thing without regard for looking silly or anything like that. He is definetly his own person and I think that is respectible.

Well, off to lunch I suppose! I am really enjoying that I can go home, lay on the couch, relax and watch something on television on my lunch hour. Although it does make it hard to come back...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

No comments: