Monday, May 29, 2006

My hero!

So it's been an interesting day. I went and ate with my brother and his new wife and we went to see Over the Hedge. It was cute but not highly recommendable.

After the movie, I went with Johh over to his mom's for a while. Then I headed home to do some laundry. Well, no luck... I got home and my parents had been by to bring me a load of my things from their house. Well, my dad pushed some "magic button" to lock the front door rather than using the deadbolt. I don't have a key for anything other than the deadbolt! So, I am stuck on my porch with no way in the house. I called John since he only lives 2 minutes away and it would have taken my Dad 20-30 minutes to get here. After much debating on whether or not to break a window to get in, John discovers that one of the doors into the crawlspace actually goes down into the basement. There was only a piece of carboard covering the inside of the door. So, I held the flashlight for him while he climbed down into the basement. Thank God the basement door wasn't locked with the skeleton key! So, John is my new hero and he rescued me from my front porch back into my own house. LOL! What an evening!

So, now I really have to do some laundry and get my butt in bed so I can get up for work in the morning. Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend!

No comments: