Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Finally!

I just got a call from Ashley Furniture and my living room suite has finally arrived! They are going to deliver it some time tomorrow. Then I can move the wicker furniture elsewhere and have real comfy stuff to sit on! I think it will help me to feel a little more settled and at home in the house.

This weekend, I painted the guest room (which I had originally planned to be an office.) I painted it a terracotta color and got matching bedding. I put the bedroom suite that my father grew up with in there so it feels nice and cozy. I just need a couple of coordinating things to go on the walls and that room will be finished.

I also painted the “oh-so-lovely” pink kitchen countertop with some white primer. It has been holding up pretty well this week so I plan to seal it with some epoxy this weekend. Then, I will be ready to strip the teapot wallpaper off the walls and paint the kitchen. I am thinking a nice Granny Smith apple green would look good in there. But I am not looking forward to the process of removing the wallpaper… I have done that so many times.

I am really starting to enjoy the house. There are a few neighborhood cats that like to visit my backyard. There is a black one that comes almost every day and when he meows, he sounds like he is saying “Hello.” He can keep coming by as long as he doesn’t have an encounter with Pookie. I think that would probably scare him off pretty quickly.

I am going to borrow the digital camera from Dad since mine has gone missing in action. Then I will start posting pictures of my progress on the house so everybody can see what I have been up to. I can’t wait to get started on that downstairs bathroom!

No comments: