Monday, May 08, 2006

Learning to Live Again

I cant help but think of that old Garth Brooks song.

So, its only been a couple of weeks and yes, I am still heart-broken. But a date couldnt hurt, right? I mean, theres no reason to keep myself off the market. Jason is already seeing someone else. I guess I should put myself back out there. And some good friends have offered to set something up to test the waters. The thought makes me nervous but still I am excited. Someone new could be a good thing. A distraction. And if I decide I am not ready, I dont have to go any further. Right? He sounds like a nice enough guy and I trust the judgment of these particular friends. So just wish me luck... either way!

I also made an interesting discovery today while at lunch. Previously, the Alabama State Bar has been outsourcing most of its design work to someone local. In the future, I will be taking on most of those responsibilities. The interesting discovery is that the man who currently does the job, owned and lived in the house that I just bought for 17+ years. He and his wife sold it to the man that I bought it from only about 2 years ago. What a small world we live in?

No comments: