Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Still under construction...

So tonight was kind of a bust. I had planned on finishing the tile in the bathroom, but no such luck. The tile cutter I bought will only cut straight cuts and not L-shaped ones. So I can't cut any of the corner pieces. Obviously I am going to have to rent a wet saw to finish the tile. So, frustrated, I go to Wal-Mart to buy a gallon of paint so I will at least feel like I haven't wasted the whole night. I go to the new Wal-Mart near my house, on Ann Street. After standing at the paint counter for a few minutes, I start to wander around looking for someone who can mix paint. I find a woman sticking shelves who says she will page someone for me. I go back to the counter and wait 10 mintues and never hear a page. I head in another direction and find two men stocking shelves together. I ask if either of them can mix paint or page someone who can. One of them says he will page someone. So, I return to the paint counter, and once again never hear a page. As I am standing there, getting quite angry at this point, an older person in a vest who appears to be a manager walks by. I ask him if there is anyone in the store who can mix paint. He looks at me as if I have asked a stupid question and says, "I seriously doubt it. i'll see what I can do even though this isn't even my department." At that, I throw my paint swatch on the counter and proceed to storm out of Wal-Mart. Off all the morons that work there, not one of them is competent enough to mix paint? I think for a moment about tracking down the store manager and compaining not only about there being no one to mix paint, but also about how rude and unhelpful several of the employees had been. But I thought better of it, since I was so angry, that it might be best for me to just leave.

So I drive over to Lowe's and spend twice as much on paint as I would have if I had gotten it at Wal-Mart. And I got a color different from the original plan because I couldn't find the right shade of green. But I did eventually make it home with a gallon of paint and got the whole bathroom painted including the ceiling. At least I feel like the whole day wasn't a waste. I'm just stressed and extremely frustrated and confused about how I am going to get everything done. I was hoping that this project would be stress relieving and distract me from all of the other stressful things that are going on right now. But I think I have only made it worse.


No, I really don't need any help. I am happy to do the work by myself. But if anyone would like to offer to come keep me company while I work, that would be wonderful. Just give me a call... send me a message... whatever! Just come keep me sane.

No comments: