Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bad, bad Amy!

I had my whole evening planned. I was going to do laundry, unclog my tub, and maybe even patch some holes in the bathroom wall. But that all went to crap very quickly. It dawned on me that tomorrow is payday and I would really like to have a new pair of pants to wear to work. I've lost a lot of weight and not many of my pants fit anymore, so I find myself recycling the same pants more than once a week. So... I go shopping at my usual favorite store, American Eagle. No luck... not a single pair of dress pants in my size. So, I figure I may as well walk across and check the Gap. Once again, not a single pair in my size. So, I am frustrated and prepared to give up and go home when I see the big red SALE sign in the window of NY & Co. Jackpot! I couldn't stop myself!! I didn't buy just one pair of pants, not even two, but three pairs! And I didn't stop there... I helped myself to a skirt and six shirts!! But honestly, it was such a good sale that I spent as much on all of that as I would usually spend on just 3 pairs of nice pants. So, I am going to forget that I didn't need to spend that much money and just enjoy my new clothes. I deserve it, right? I'll remember to keep telling myself that next week when I am dead broke!!

And one little side note... I am still smiling! Things are great and I am enjoying myself. I feel better than I have felt in quite a while. Maybe that's what inspired my shopping spree? Who knows! Hope everyone else is smiling too! Lots of love!

No comments: