Sunday, September 03, 2006

And We're Off...

I finally started! After all of my procrastinating, I went today and bought tile, a new pedestal sink and a new toilet for my downstairs half bath. I really have no idea what I am doing besides what the "How To" turtorials on the Home Depot website tell me. I just jumped right in and started ripping things out. The sink came out much easier than I expected... but not without a hitch. I did break a pipe which was already very corroded and probably needed to be replaced anyway. Soon after, I removed the toilet and the in-wall medicine cabinet. Next, i started busting up the extremely unattractive tile that trims the floor. I don't plan on removing the floor, but tiling right over it since it is level. But the baseboard tile is much more difficult to remove than I thought it would be. After lots of swinging a hammer and debris flying in my face, I decide to quit for the evening. Tomorrow I will get a sledgehammer and some safety goggles and go at it again. But for someone who doesn't know what they are doing, I am pretty pleased with my progress.

So I retired to watching tv, once the Auburn game was over. I got several unexpeced phonecalls this evening. It would have been nice if any of them had been BEFORE I was all sweaty and stinking from my new rennovation project. Oh well... maybe next time? So now that I have had my fill from pizza and cookies and am completely exhausted from my days work, I am going to hit the bed and for once might defeat my insomnia and get a full nights rest!! Let's hope because I want to get a lot done tomorrow. if anyone want to volunteer their assistance/supervision, please give me a call. Hope everyone else enjoyed their evening!

No comments: