Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Safe Bet

Why am I always just the "safe bet?" I come with little baggage... no ex-husbands, no children, a good job, a decent house and a stable family. So, why do guys always want someone who is more "exotic" or "intriguing"? Why don't they want the "girl next door" who only wants to make them happy by cooking, cleaning, and taking care of them? I guess a simple and happy relationship is too easy, and therefore, boring. I am a simple person. I am straight-forward and always honest. It is in my nature to help people, even sometimes people I barely know. I open my heart easily and I fall deeply. And when I love, I love forever. This is me. It's who I am. Sometimes, I wish I could change, but I know that I never will. And why should I change? Certainly not for someone else! If a man does not want me for who I am, then why would I want to be with him?

Maybe someday he will change his mind. Maybe someday he will realize that the safe bet is not a bad thing.
But who knows? I can't afford to spend my time waiting, wondering and wanting. I must move on and accept the decisions that have been made. But I hope that he will think long and hard... give himself the time and space necessary to sort out the confusion he is in and make the decision that will ultimately make him the happiest. What else would I possibly want for someone that I love? I hate to see him hurting and want more than anything for him to be happy. I just wish I could help. He will know what is right, when the time is right. Until then, I wish him good luck.

No comments: