Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fender Bender

I am so excited about heading to the beach, but it stands to be a long miserable drive. Yesterday after work, Jennifer and I went shopping for some new shorts to wear at the beach. We were sitting in my car patiently waiting for the light to change so that we could turn to get on the interstate. Suddenly, a huge tow truck slammed into us from behind. The impact was strong enough that it jarred us both considerably and threw the cokes that we were both drinking all over the inside of the car. I just knew when I got out that the whole rear-end of my car was going to be smashed in. Amazingly, there didn't appear to be any damage. This is the second time someone has rear-ended me in this car and caused no damage. That camaro is like a TANK! After examining it for a minute or two and making sure my trunk opens and closes ok, the man who hit us FINALLY decided to hang up his phone... I just told him to go on. It was nearly 100 degrees and we had nowhere to pull over to get out of traffic in the construction on Ann Street. Of course, on the way to shopping I started feeling some pain in my shoulder. Then it traveled down my back and pretty much all over. I'm really stiff and sore this morning after sleeping on it. It would be our luck to have whiplash on a day when we have a 4 hour car ride ahead of us.

But we are going to set that aside and look forward to the long weekend that we are about to enjoy. I can't wait to dig my toes into the sand and drink fruity drinks on the beach! Salty waters, here I come!

No comments: