Thursday, June 29, 2006

What a Novel Idea

Today has been a really good day so far. Not the most productive, but good. I had lunch with my boss and 2 co-workers, since tomorrow is my boss's last day. I am so sad to see her go but also very excited for her new adventures. But I always have a great time gossiping with those ladies! One in particular, Margaret, reminds me very much of my Aunt Carol who passed away just over a year ago. They are really great people.

So for the past few days, I have been brainstorming over ideas for the book that I am determined to write. I have been coming up with plot twists and turns but mostly character analysis before I begin. The peices are beginning to fall into place and I am looking forwared to just jumping right in and starting to write. It helps that Jennifer is being so supportive. I run ideas by her and she helps me decide whether or not they will work or are interesting or not. Some friends are not being quite as supportive... but what do I care, right? They'll see when I get into this that I am not kidding and that I can really do this. This is a childhood dream that I am picking back up. It just took me reaching the right time in my life to decide to finally do it. I am finished with school and have all the free time in the world in the evenings and weekends to devote to writing if thats what I really want to do. And the best part is, I can do all the typography and cover design myself... being a graphic designer and all, you know. I'll be able to market it when the time comes!

There is also a beginning writers convention coming up toward the end of July. I am thinking of going to that. Maybe I can con Jennifer into making the trip with me? How could she turn down the opportunity to go shopping in Atlanta, right? Things are looking up for me, regardless of what some may think. Opportunities are arising and I am taking things one big step at a time!

No comments: