Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Break-Up

I have been excited for the new movie the Break-Up with Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn to come out for weeks! It came out last night and I went to see it. From the previews, you expect for it to be a bad break-up and they are fighting with each other over who gets to keep the apartment. I expected it to be hilarious. WRONG! It wasn't a bad break-up... they were both depressed about it and it was more sad than funny. I cried in the theater several times which is really not what I needed right now. I was thoroughly depressed by the time the movie was over. But I was pleased with the way they ended the movie. It wasn't one of those lovey-dovey endings where it all works out and they get back together and everyone is happy. It was real. They walked away and they moved on. That's life and that's more realistic. Sometimes it doesn't work out the way we want and we just have to cope. Lots of people starting booing when the credits began to roll. I guess they wanted their happy ending. But I was glad that they did the right thing and showed a real life ending. B/c sometime life just stinks. So, I am sorry if I ruined the movie for anyone who was planning to see it but if you wanted to see it because it is funny, it is not. So be warned.

So, I came home depressed and watched America's Funniest Home Videos and went to sleep. An exciting Friday evening, right? It was strange to not go to Up the Creek with John. That has become a ritual on Friday nights, but John is gone to Kentucky for the next week. I was kind of hoping I might hear from the guy who asked for my number at Off the Wagon... but isn't it against "the rules" to call the girl the next day, lol? But who knows, he may never call. Sobriety may have made him change his mind about wanting to take me out. I guess we will just wait and see.

I have not been very nervous about my upcoming surgery. I have actually been looking forward to it. And everyone who I have talked to who has had the surgery says its no big deal. But now that it is only a couple of days away, I am beginning to worry. I always have complications. Always. When I had surgery on my neck, it was supposed to be outpatient and I ended up having to stay overnight. Then I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive on the bandages we used on it. When I had my tonsils out last summer, I was miserable. I ended of getting an oral yeast infection which was one of the most painful things I have ever had. I just don't seem to have good luck when it comes to "the minor possibility of complications." If it can wrong, it usually happens to me. In my head I think that it will all be just fine, but my gut has this sense of impending doom. So, everyone just wish me luck and anyone who wants to come by and visit just give me a call. I'll be stuck at the house for several days.

Well, I guess I will go prepare myself for the rest of this day. My dad is coming to continue to try to fix the oven. The stovetop works... but not the oven and I can't afford to buy a new one. So, let's keep our fingers crossed that a couple of new parts will get it working again. Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments: