Monday, June 12, 2006

Bumpy Day

Today is my first day back to work since the surgery. I didn't get off to the greatest start but I am feeling much better now. I am going to blame this morning's stomach problems on John for taking me to Guthrie's last night. No more greasy foods for me!!

I had my post-op appointment this morning and everything seems to be ok. The surgeon did mention that when he removed my gall bladder, there was no stone in it and was pretty sure there was one in the ultrasound. What does that mean? It means that I passed the stone before the surgery and there is a small chance that it could get lodged somewhere else. Great news, right? He did say that it was unlikely and that if it were to happen, it would occur in the first 6 months. So let's all keep our fingers crossed that I am in the clear.

I have been really anxious today. I don't think about anything in particular... just general anxiety about coming back to work and catching up on all the things I have to do. I guess I got spoiled sleeping in all week and watching movies all day. Too bad I had to come back to work.

But yesterdy was relaxing. I slept a lot. My "new friend" called and asked if I wanted to go for a ride on his new motorcycle. He had even borrowed a helmet from someone for me to wear. Although it wasn't on my post-op sheet of things not to do in the next week or two, I believe that they wouldn't have recommended me riding on the back of a motorcycle days after surgery. So, I took a raincheck... but we are planning to have dinner together again on Wednesday night. I am really looking forward to it.

Since I didn't go for a ride, John was nice enough to come pick me up. I wasn't supposed to start driving again until after my post-op appointment today and I was going a little stir-crazy at the house alone. We watched a few comedy shows and The Hills Have Eyes over at his house. It was really nice to just be out of the house!! The movie was pretty gory but quite entertaining. I love a good horror movie!

Well I guess that is enough rambling for today. I haven't blogged much lately so I guess I had to catch up. One more hour then I get to go home! Thank goodness! I think I need a nap.

No comments: