Friday, June 23, 2006

Love... It's Overrated

Although I didn't really need to spend the money, I treated myself to a little shopping spree yesterday. New shirts, new jammies, new silver necklace and some new lovely silver rings. I wanted to have something new and cute to wear on Saturday night in Mobile. I suceeded. I even bought myself a "french maid style" shirt which is something I thought I would never wear. But I am feeling so much better about myself and my body these days that I thought I would try something a little different. : )

I wore a t-shirt last night that I haven't been able to wear in a long time. It's funny how a piece of clothing can bring back memories. It's a tight fitting T from American Eagle that say "Love... it's Overrated." The funny thing about the shirt is that I have two of them. When Jason and I broke up the first time, two completely different people bought me the same shirt in the same week. It was pretty ironic I thought. And I felt like it was appropriate for me to be wearing it yesterday. Love these days really is overrated.

So, on the way home, Jenn and I stopped and picked up dinner and went and ate with John and Cameron. We hung out and watched tv for a while, then I went home. It started thundering and lightning on my way home which was great. I love a good storm. I changed into something comfortable and climbed into my big comfy bed and read my latest book. I usually have trouble sleeping, but when John called a couple hours later, I had fallen asleep with my nose in my book. It must have been the rain and thunder... it always helps me sleep.

And I am so glad that its Friday. This week has seemed to drag on and on. I don't plan to do much tonight since I need to save money for the weekend... but a nice dinner and maybe a movie and knowing that I don't have to wake up early is enough to make me happy. And then the next day, Mobile here I come!

No comments: