Friday, December 08, 2006

Off to a good start...

Yes, it's Friday morning and I am off to a good start. Last week my car ran hot. I checked the coolant, it was low, I added some and it has been fine ever since... until this morning. For those of you who don't know me, it only takes me less than 5 minutes to get from my house to work. In those few minutes, my temperature gauge shot up to almost the red. I pulled into my parking space at work and quickly shut off the engine. I heard a popping sound then saw steam rolling out from under the hood. I get out of the car and see a river running from beneath the car. And might I mention, this morning it is 8 degrees with the wind factor says the DJ on the radio just before I get out of my car.

So, now I am waiting... hoping that I merely have a blown hose and not something more serious (and expensive). Especially right before Christmas. I'm waiting for it to cool down, put at least some water in it and get it to a shop that is close by. Wish me luck.

Happy Friday, everyone. Hope yours started off better than mine. Arrghhh!

1 comment:

lioux said...

Yea. I've had car trouble in the past too.

That's why I use this.

Hope it's nothing serious or expensive.