Friday, December 29, 2006

And on to the next project

So, aside from some minor paint touch ups and hanging a new matching curtain, my downstairs bathroom is finally complete. I just finished up a freelance job and will be using that money I made from that to remodel the upstairs bathroom next. Since there is pink tile on the floor and up the walls around the whole room, I am REALLY excited about the change! I'll be tiling myself and installing a new pedestal sink. Instead of retiling the walls, I have opted to use a nice white wainscotting instead.

But tonight, what am I doing? I have big plans for this Friday night! I am helping my brother and sister-in-law install hardwood flooring in their living and dining rooms. We actually started on it on Wednesday night and my brother worked on it by himself yesterday since he was off work. We are hoping that we can get the rest of it laid tonight.

Here are a few pics that show our progress. These floors look great and they are a vast improvement from the previous carpet. The previous owner's had a pit bull... enough said.

I'm sure my sister-in-law, Jennifer is really going to appreciate this one.

But look how hard she is working!


Good view of the floors in the dining room



My brother, jonathan, carefully calculating how the cut that piece around

the door frame. We won't say how it turned out, LOL.

4 comments:

lioux said...

I Love, Love, Love hardwood flooring.

I SOOOO want to rip out my living room carpet and put some in.

Dig your new avatar...

lioux said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

See ya Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Hardwood floor rocks! I have it in my entry way. I'm contemplating puting it in my kitchen, either that or ceramic.

btw... your brother is a cutie-pie. grrr. lol

lioux said...

Mmmm.

Cutie-Pie.