Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Moron-shooting

I am the web admin here. I often get phone calls from people asking where to locate certain things on our website. I do my best to make things as logically located as possible. But sometimes, logic just doesn’t help someone who lacks common sense.

OmySue: Alabama State Bar, this is [OmySue]... how may I help you?
User:
I want to place an ad on your site. Where do I do that?
OmySue:
Are you on [ourwebsite.org] homepage?
User:
Yes, I am.
OmySue:
In the green navigation bar running down the left hand side of the page, there is a link that says "The Classifieds."
User:
No, there isn't.
OmySue:
It's about the 10th link down and there is a white star beside it.
User:
No, I'm sorry, there isn't.
OmySue:
Are you sure you are on the homepage and not a sub-page?
User:
Yes, I am.
OmySue:
Click on the building in the upper-lefthand corner of the page that says "Home." Did it take you to a different page?
User:
Yes.
OmySue: Now, is there a link that says "The Classifieds" with a star beside it?

Moron:
Yes.
OmySue: Click on it and on THAT page there is a link that says "Submit Your Advertisement." Click on it to submit your ad. Thank you, have a nice day...

[Hangs up phone.]

Omysue: Moron.

1 comment:

lioux said...

Hmmm. Co-Worker Dan just tried to place a Company, Inc. Ad on http://www.ourwebsite.org