Friday, December 08, 2006

Car Update

I dropped my car off at a radiator shop down the street from work. After I described the problem, and that this is a repeat of a problem he corrected 7 or 8 months ago, he offered a diagnosis. He told me I could take it to a general mechanic and they could take things apart and charge me a couple hundred to search for a leak. Or he could flush the radiator again and put in some "stop leak" tabs and hope that it would keep this from happening again for about $50. While he said he could not guarantee that this would correct the problem, he did assure me that this (and I quote) "ain't no jack-leg joe-bob-earl truck stop fixer upper" but actually something that GM uses in their new vehicles. So, considering the cost... I am going to try his solution first. I should have the car back later today and let's cross our fingers that it works out ok. That guy may have "talked funny" but he seemed to know what he was doing.

1 comment:

lioux said...

Totally smart move.

I'd do the same.