Monday, January 22, 2007

Skanky Thieves

Friday night, I was asked to work at AE even though I wasn’t scheduled. We were putting up the new floor set so I agreed to come in. (Secretly, I was wanting to try on the new dresses that came in our spring collection – sooo cute!) But I am so glad I came in. We had some suspicious looking people in the store, huddling in the corner near the women’s undergarments. The manager went to the back and called security. Four guards promptly showed up and planted themselves around the store. The intimidation factor must have worked because they six people quickly left. After they were gone, we walked around the store picking up garments that had the sensors removed. I have no idea how they get them off but they were ready to head out the door with them. We thought we had successfully thwarted their plans.

A little while later, I was out on the floor refolding some clothes, when one of my co-workers, T, comes up laughing and says “Come here, girl, I got something to show you.” She leads me over to the dressing room and says, “Tonight is the night!” As she starts to open one of the doors, I am expecting to see a massive pile of clothes that we have to return to the proper places on the floor. Not at all… this is what I saw:

Yes, it’s a pair of hot pink thongs! No, we don’t have any of those in the store right now. Apparently, someone tried some on, decided to keep them and was kind enough to leave their dirty pair behind. And I mean D-I-R-T-Y! The picture does not do it justice because there was a skid mark. I mean… seriously? First, if you have that sort of problem, don’t wear a thong. Second, if you have to steal some clean panties, be kind enough to take the dirty pair with you as well.

My manager came in with a big pair of rubber gloves up to her elbows and scooped them up with a swiffer pad. T got a good picture of her picking it up. Wish I had it to post. So, to say the least… Friday night was an interesting night at American Eagle!

1 comment:

lioux said...

Ewww.