Friday, January 12, 2007

Can you really call this progress?

This is a picture that was taken of my icky pink bathroom before the rennovation process began. The walls werepink... the floor was pink... Can you say "YUCK!"?

This is the current condition of the bathroom...

I got the beadboard on the walls last night, but they were pretty warped. So it required wedging 2x4s in there to hold them flat to the wall while the liquid nails dried. My bathroom looks like a jungle gym!! But the tiles are looking great and I am really happy with the color I chose.

I also went to home depot last night just to pick a some 2x4s and a few other small supplies. I ended up leaving with a new bathroom sink. I had a pedestal sink picked out that was going to be rather expensive. Last night, they had some new shaker style cabinet sinks in stock and more importantly... ON SALE. I love it! In a moment, I had a guy with a forklift getting it down for me and I was headed out the door with it. This is what it looks like:
I'm getting really excited. I think I have at least reached the halfway point on this project. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that I will be able to get a lot done this weekend since it is a 3-day weekend. I'm so glad it is Friday and I can work on it late tonight and not have to get up early in the morning.

3 comments:

lioux said...

Pink bathroom? What did you move into Barbie's old dreamhouse?

Co-Worker Dan and I have to work at Company, Inc. Monday. Ugghh.

Amy said...

Dreamhouse with a nightmare bathroom!

I'll be thinking of you guys on Monday and I am sure will check in on DYD on my breaks from the bathroom project.

Anonymous said...

i have that same sink only my cabinet is white...

:)