Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ouch

You know what hurts? Flushing money down the toilet. Not literally, of course. But I paid my speeding ticket from the Nashville fiasco today. Sigh... I have gotten several a few tickets in Alabama before and none of them have ever cost nearly as much as the one I got in Tennessee! What is the deal?

So, anyway. I have shifted the focus of my house rennovations. Since it is warming up, I have started to work in the yard. I think my neighbors are more excited about it than I am. I am pretty sure I have heard cheering and clapping from some of them as they walk by and see me digging up overgrown bushes in the yard. Apparently, I was "that house" and didn't realize it.

I made lots of progress this weekend. I took a break on Saturday night to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with my friend Kelly in Auburn. Her husband asked me if I had a fight with a barbed wire fence. Apparently, you should wear sleeves, gloves and shoes other than flip flops when removing rose bushes. Who would have thought? And I even managed to get sun burned on Sunday afternoon.

Once I get all the plants in order, I am thinking of putting a small koi pond in my yard. I've been doing some research and it doesn't sound like it will be overly difficult. My biggest question is whether or not I have to get permission from the historic society to put it there. I am thinking I would rather go ahead and do it, and ask for forgiveness later than to ask for permission. For right now, I don't even know who I would contact to find out? But I'll just save that for when I get closer to getting ready to start that project.

And another project I am still thinking about... a book. I was thinking that I could just collect all of my crazy stories, my "Amyisms," and put them all in one book? I've been blogging for about a year now and have posted over 200 times?? And thats only the past year. Surely I can think of enough crazy stories to make one book? Would someone publish it?
But would it sell? I don't even really know where to begin? Sure, it might just turn into a bathroom book, but I think it is worth a ty, right? But I guess, like anything else, its just one step at a time. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

No comments: