Friday, March 02, 2007

Learn Something New Everyday

So, after the day I had on Tuesday... you know, breaking the scanner, no fork at lunch and then spilling my cactus... my day continued.

When I finally clocked out and went to go home, my car wouldn't start. Of course, I was supposed to be heading to work at AE. But I called and they were able to get someone to cover my shift so that I could deal with my car. My dad comes and we try the obvious first. We jump it off and it starts right up. I breathe a sigh of relief thinking "Good, it's just the battery." But to be on the safe side, we drive it to an AutoZone to let them test the battery and make sure I don't need a new one. They test it and say that it's fine, but once again the car won't crank. So they Auto Zone guy asks me... "When is the last time you checked the water in it?" And I am thinking the radiator? I had no idea that you could, much less should, put water in your car's battery?? He added water to the battery with something that looked like a turkey baster. I know he thought I was a moron. So, I leave the car running in the parkiing lot at Captain D's so that the battery can recharge.

When I leave, I decide to go to my parent's house, just in case it still won't start. Then at least I won't be stranded somewhere with no ride. I go inside and visit for a while. I'm sitting on the couch and their yorky, Jax, jumps up on the back of the couch. I hear a burping sound and then something warm all down my back. Yes, he threw up on me. I don't know how that much yucky stuff can come out of such a small dog. Luckily, I had a clean shirt in the closet in my old room. It was a long day.

1 comment:

lioux said...

Only you OMSioux, Only you.