Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ahhhh...

That is the sound of me breathing again. For two days now, I have been struggling with a project at work. We were having trouble printing a brochure that I designed… and to spare you the boring technical details… it boils down to the lady who runs the printer blaming the problem on how I set up my document when I knew the problem was a mechanical problem with the printer. We went back and forth trying to prove to each other why it was the other person’s “fault.” But finally, VICTORY IS MINE!

The printer guy came in today and was shown what I had printed which clearly showed that the registration is off. Although yesterday, he told us the printer was just fine… today he says, “Oh, look at that. You’re right. The registration is off.”

No? REALLY?? That’s what I have been trying to tell you for two days! Maybe next time there is a problem like this, my opinion will get a little more credit. Just because I am much younger doesn’t mean I don’t have some experience and know what I am talking about. I did go to school for 5 years to learn about print/design and I did work in a publishing company for two years where I worked with printers and their crazy problems on a daily basis. Sigh… I’m just glad the problem is being solved and I can get back to working on other things now.

No comments: