Friday, April 27, 2007

Warning: You're an Idiot

I went to the tanning bed again last night. The last time I went I burned a little bit, so I took a couple days off. So last night, I went for the same amount of time rather than bumping it up a bit to make sure I didn't burn again. After being in for a few minutes, my butt and lower back started to get pretty hot so I decided I'd better turn over for the remainder of the minutes. When I got out and was getting dresses I looked in the mirror and was shocked! Everywhere on my backside that had been pressed against the glass was a fiery red. And I mean FIERY! There was a solid line where the redness ended. I thought to myself, "I was only a little pink last time, how could this happen?" as I painfully slid my clothes back on over my burns. Suddenly the light bulb popped up over my head. I'm on antibiotics for a bladder infection. And yes, I seem to recall there being a little warning sticker on the bottle that has a picture of the sun. Upon re-reading reading the warning label, I discover that it says "You should avoid prolonged or excessive exposure to direct and/or artificial sunlight while taking this medicine." Yep. Would have been of great value to me to read that BEFORE I burned half of my backside. I put some aloe on it a couple times last night and its not so bad today. But I won't be getting back in the tanning bed till I am done taking this stuff!

2 comments:

lioux said...

Oh man.

Hope you'll be feeling better.

Amy said...

Oh yeah. I felt better pretty quickly. All the places that were bright red became a dark brown. Unfortunately, darker brown than everywhere else... so it kinda looks like I sat in something and my butt is dirty.

Not that anyone will see it, LOL.