Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Double Duty Day!

I'm sure you have an idea of what is coming just from the title. So here goes...

I went to Burger King today to pick up lunch for me and a friend. Since I ordered two drinks, I recieved the following drink holder:



And the title was enough to make me giggle, but I read the description of the Double Duty Box. Since you probably can't see it in the picture, it reads as follows:

A lot of people wonder why it was decided upon to make a two-cup carrier as opposed to say, a one-cup or three-cup carrier. Well, a one-cup carrier is called just a cup. So that was pretty much out. And a three-cup carrier would have to be shaped into some strange triangle, and balancing that contraption would be more trouble than it's worth. So we settled on two. Hopefully it serves you well.

I was entertained. So, I get back from lunch and I call a certain theater here in Montgomery because I saw a commercial on tv last night that led me to believe that a certain play I was interested in seeing had been extended through this weekend. I was told by the box office representative that no, it was not, and she didn't know anything about a commercial. I was pretty confused and actually was beginning to think I was crazy so I emailed the administrative office to inquire (mostly to prove to myself that I was not, in fact, insane) and that such commercial did exist. I received this reply:

Dear OmySue:
Thank you for your input. The performance run [certain play] was cut short due to low attendance. The final performance was Saturday. Our ad spaces are purchased in advance and do not reflect this update. We do apologies for any incontinence or confusion this may have caused.

I overlooked it at first, but yes, he said incontinence! Certainly he doesn't think that I was so upset that I peed myself? I'm thinking he meant "inconvenience." I'll continue to hope so anyway!

2 comments:

lioux said...

This was LOL to the second power!

Anonymous said...

you and DUTY.......