Friday, April 27, 2007

Call It What You Want

Yesterday was my grandmother's billionth birthday. The whole family came to her house for dinner, birthday cake and presents and such. (And yes, I attended - red butt and all.) I like to just sit and listen to the things she and all her sisters say. They never cease to amaze, at least entertain, me.

    Grandma: When I flew home from Alaska right after 9/11, I was seated between two of them Koreans. And I was scared, because I didn't know if they were one of those folks that flew them planes into those towers...

    My Dad: Mother, I don't think the terrorists were from Korea

    Grandma: Well... you never know?


I brought a good friend of mine with me last night. Upon hearing this conversation, I glance over at him out of the corner of my eye. He gives me the "Yes, I heard that and I am trying not to laugh" face. Later on, she was asking me about how things were going. And says... "Are you still enjoying working at that War Eagle?" My brother died laughing. Obviously she meant American Eagle so I just answered the question and no one bothered to correct her. What's the point? She's about 90 and can call it whatever she wants.

1 comment:

lioux said...

Hahaha.