Monday, April 16, 2007

Wardrobe Malfunction

This was an extremely busy weekend for me! I feel like I didn't have a chance to slow down and rest for one moment. Friday as soon as I got off work I ran home and changed into some painting clothes and headed to my bestest friend's house to help her paint and install new doors on their house. I also chopped vegetables and made spinach dip for her wedding shower the following day. I ended up not getting home till nearly 2am.

So needless to say, I was not happy to hear the alarm go off early on a Saturday morning. But I had agreed to help out at a car wash fundraiser given by the Pike Road Volunteer Fire Department. So, I went out there to help for a few hours, then had to rush home and change clothes and get ready for the wedding shower. I had bought a new white dress from American Eagle a couple of months ago and was excited to finally have a good opportunity to wear it. This is the dress:

I thought it looked cute and was appropriate for the occasion. I was, though, slightly embarrassed when I arrived at the shower and was informed that the pale pink waistband on my panties was visible through the back of my dress. But whatever, they are just panties, right? About and hour into the shower, it starts to pour down rain as we expected. Guests began to leave to beat the worst part of the storm. My mother had arrived a bit late since she had taken my sister to an appointment. She was sitting down to eat so I offered to move her van to let someone else out. Bad idea. Very bad idea. My pretty white dress got soaked and became completely see-through. Luckily, when I re-entered the house, the first person to see me was Jennifer's aunt who quickly told me she could see straight through my dress and was well aware that I was not wearing a bra. Greeeeat! I at least had the forethought to bring jeans and a t-shirt to change into after the shower. So, luckily I was able to change before too many people saw my personals!

I did get the chance to sleep in a bit on Sunday morning. I had to work at American Eagle that afternooon until close. We got a whole new floorset in and I think I literally want one of everything! We got some new shirts which I think are very creative and cute. The words are printed on the inside and show through to the outside. The ONLY problem that I have with this... is that everytime I refold all the shirts and get that table looking nice, someone comes right behind me and goes "Oh cute, what does it say" turns them inside out and throws them back on the table. Thanks... really. That's what I am here for apparently. So be warned... if you come in to shop, and I know you, and I see you do such a thing... I WILL kick you. You have been fairly warned.

2 comments:

lioux said...

I don't know, OMSioux.

[Shakes head].

You + wearing white = potential disaster.

HaHa.

Anonymous said...

and what did I tell you about the white dress? he he