Friday, August 22, 2008

How Lucky too Have Opposable Thumbs

I am minus a thumb today. Well, not really. Minus the use of one anyway. It's there, it's just so swollen and sore that I can't really bend it or put any pressure on it. It's very pretty too. A lovely shade of purple!

Yes, I shut my own thumb in the trunk of my car. Not my whole thumb, just the tip. How does one do that, I know you are asking? I don't really know. I just wasn't watching when I shut it. I was too busy looking in the back window searching for the flip-flops I couldn't find.

So I just wanted to share my misery. I'm sure this will be really funny once I don't feel like a cartoon character where he just hit his thumb with the hammer and it goes, "whump, whump, whump" and blows up like a red balloon. It just feels that way, when really it looks like this:

I'm amazed at how hard it is to do very simple things while trying not to use your thumb... like hook your bra, button your pants. And I didn't realize just how week my left hand is. It's gonna be a fun few days. Sigh.

No comments: