Thursday, September 18, 2008

You Got Hit in the Face With What??

For the last two evenings, the weather has actually been really nice in Montgomery. I decided to take advantage of that and get some work done in my back yard. The first day, I chopped down a massive amount of bushes and trees and drug them out to the road. I was really amazed at how much I got done in less than two hours. I wish I had taken a before and after photo, but I didn't think about it until after. But the brush pile I created is taller than my trashcan by the road if that gives you sort of an idea of how much I accomplished.

So last night, my mission was to rake all of the leaves off of my back patio and into the grass. My theory was that the next time my yard man comes, he could run over them with the mower because it has a bagger, therefore, picking up all the leaves saving me the hassle of bagging them. And let me mention that these are huge ass magnolia leaves that are a big pain in the butt and attract roaches. So I attempt, at first, to use my leaf blower but quickly realize its not moving the leaves. One, because the leaves have been there so long they are all stuck together and two, because there are so many small branches and limbs mixed in from recent storms.

So picture this, I'm holding the leaf blower and it doesn't seem to be doing much. So I decide to move some branches out of the way. I lean over to pick one up, not bothering to turn off the blower. So the blower points straight down below me, shooting dirt, leaves and even a worm into the air. You guessed it, the worm hit me right in the cheek. At this point, I am so not a happy camper. I throw down the blower and finish raking all of the leaves into the yard by hand.

I got inside and I'm pouring sweat. So I head straight to the kitchen to wash my hands and face. As I'm standing there I hear scratching noises. So not only did I get hit in the face by a worm, but I think that my furry little friends might be back. So, I call Scott. Like this is really going to accomplish anything since he is an hour away, but I needed to vent!

Scott: Hey baby. What are you up to?
Me: I raked the yard and there's roaches and worms everywhere and I was using the blower and worm hit me in the face and now I think there's a mouse in the kitchen and I don't know what to do and why do you have to live so far away I need help!
Scott: I'm sure it's just a little mouse. And you got hit in the face with a what?
Me: A worm. And I don't care if its a little mouse. He's in there pooping on stuff and prob trying to eat my food and I'm scared to open the cabinet because he might jump out on me and I'd poop in my pants if he did.
Scott: Well, umm... I'm not feeling so good myself so I'm going to go lay down. Why don't you do the same. I'll call you later.

So, I did search through the cabinet and drawers and don't find any evidence of a mouse. But I know I heard something? Anyway. That was my day.

No comments: