Monday, September 22, 2008

Scott to the Rescue!

Usually on Sundays, Scott and I lay around and watch NFL and don't do much. This was not the case yesterday. We were at my house this weekend and Scott helped me get a lot of work done in my back yard since he'll be leaving for Korea on Saturday. There was an enormous pile of leaves in the yard and we decided to burn them in my brick fire pit.

So we were out in the back yard burning and supervising the fire. I'd like to mention at this point that Scott was wearing some of my clothes because he didn't think to bring anything that he wanted to work in the yard in. I won't go into detail because he might kill me if I did, but I'll say he was wearing some jeans that I can no longer fit into with the legs rolled up about 4 times. So after a big cloud of smoke starting billowing around the neighborhood, we heard sirens. I just knew someone had called the fire department thinking it was my house on fire and not leaves. Not to mention, it may or may not be legal to burn leaves within the city limit. Scott was more worried that some firemen were going to show up and find him wearing women's jeans. Even Scott said he looked like a homosexual, his words, not mine.

So we had been out there about an hour or so. We had the back door open and we saw a bird fly into the house through the open door. I went running in and saw that the bird had made it through the laundry room, the kitchen and was now in the dining room. My dining room has very large windows with no blinds. The bird was flying into them repeatedly. It then became Scott's job to capture the bird, not harming him, and put him back outside. Why? Because I was going to be the one holding the camera.

I got him a towel and he caught the bird. It took two or three tries because Scott was afraid he'd hurt the bird if he squeezed too hard, so it got free from him a couple times. But eventually he got him out and he flew away unharmed.

Later, Scott called his dad to talk about football, but also told him about the bird. Scott told him, "It's always an adventure with Amy." And his dad laughed, but added that I kept him young. I'm going to have to agree with that one! So, I want the thank Scott for all his help! He was willing to work even if it meant he had to wear womens' jeans and catch birds!

1 comment:

Liöüx said...

Okay.

Even I don't wear womens jeans.

Hahaha.