Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's that on your face?

First off, let me start by saying congratulations to my brother on his new job. It’ll be a promotion and a raise. I’m pretty proud of him!

Second, we had a get together for dinner last night to celebrate his new job. I cooked tacos and baked a cake at their house. I was in the kitchen cutting pieces of cake fresh out of the oven. It was a chocolate upside-down cake with fudgy icing. As I was cutting and putting pieces onto plates, I got some of the icing on my thumb. Obviously, since it was right out of the oven my finger felt like it was on fire. My instant reflex was to put my thumb in my mouth and lick the icing off. As I slung my thumb upward toward my mouth, some of the icing slung off and landed on my nose. So not only did I manage to burn my thumb and my tongue, I also burned my nose. My brother was the only one who witnessed this but since he laughed so hard others came into the kitchen and saw me before I could get the chocolate off my nose. How embarrassing! And I think this is yet another thing that only I could manage to do.

Anyway, congratulations Jonathan!

No comments: