Friday, October 20, 2006

Dog poo, dog poo, smelly stinky dog poo!

I have been resisting the urge and can’t any longer. I must tell this story. But to protect the identity of my poor friend, I will use the name Bob.

So, Bob and I have been to move a friend of his’ car. He drives her car and I drive his back to his apartment and then we are going out bowling with some friends. He parks her car around back and I pull up to the front of his apartment to pick him up. I get out and get into the passenger seat and he comes and gets in. Right away he gets on the phone, to let the friend know that the car has been moved.


When Bob closes the door, I get a whiff of this terrible smell and right away I know exactly what it is. I think “Oh no, did I step in dog poop when I got out and got in the passenger seat?” So, I check the bottom of my shoe and nothing there. But the smell is awful, so I start to giggle because I know it must be on his shoes. He is still on the phone and having a very serious conversation about his friend who is in the hospital. But, I cannot stop laughing.


I keep peaking at him out of the corner of my eye and he is sniffing the sleeve of his shirt. I laugh even harder knowing that he is thinking “Is that me?” So, I am laughing hysterically and I know he probably thinks I am farting or something and that is what the God-awful smell is.


So, when he hangs up the phone he turns to me and says, “Smell my shirt.” I refuse but can’t say anything because I am laughing so hard. He then blames the smell on the bag from Sonic from where we just ate. The laughter gets harder and harder and tears are pouring down my cheeks. I’m thinking “If our food smelled like dog poo, we shouldn’t have eaten it!”


I finally manage to say “ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS! You must have stepped in dog poo!” Checking his shoe confirmed what I knew the whole time.


Ok, so it’s not really that funny that he stepped in dog poo. The funny part was watching him try to identify the smell while having a serious conversation. I can’t help myself. Toilet humor is funny!

No comments: