Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Can I Please Just Go Back to Bed?

I had trouble getting to sleep last night even though I was physically exhausted. I am doggy sitting for my parents while they are visiting my Grandma in North Carolina. One of the dogs is actually mine and she's used to visiting me, but the other one really doesn't seem to like being in a strange house. She whined constantly all night long. Anybody who knows me, knows that I am an extremely light sleeper and I can't sleep through any kind of noise. So, I tossed and turned miserably all night.

So, when the alarm went off (it didn't have to wake me up) I drug myself out of bed. Of course, the doggies who I know didn't sleep all night are up and dancing around wanting their morning treats. Funny how chipper they are considering all the whining that went on all night. I get ready and leave the house a few minutes early to stop by somewhere for breakfast… since there is absolutely nothing to eat or drink in my house. I start to roll through the intersection in front of my house… please note, I do not have a stop sign but the other direction does. Does he stop? Does he look both ways? Does he even pause for a brief moment? Hell no! He almost plows right into the side of me and its not until I lay on my horn that he even realizes that I am there. I say a few choice words although I know he can't hear me and then continue on my way. I stop for breakfast and then head toward work. On Madison, a nice little sporty car is backing out of his driveway and at a pretty fast speed for reverse. Does he pause at the end of the driveway to make sure it is clear before he pulls out? Hell no! He backs out right in front of me while I'm doing 45. Luckily there are two lanes and I am able to swerve around him, again saying a few more choice words.

So, I finally arrive at work to find our e-mail is down. This is nothing for me to panic about, but to all of the people who are leaving the office very shortly to head to the annual meeting, this is apparently cause for widespread panic. I have only been out of bed for about an hour and all of this has already happened. I really want to just go home and get back in bed!! So, someone please give me something to smile about today!

1 comment:

lioux said...

Oh, Yes. I have had mornings like that too.