Monday, June 25, 2007

One Lucky Girl

I feel so loved! And I don’t mean in the romantic sense. I mean in the sense that I have some really great friends. The past year started out pretty rough for me. I went through a really bad break up, got adjusted to a new job, bought my first house, lived alone for the first time… really just learned to be an adult. Some of it was pretty tough. But the best thing by far that has come out of this past year are the friends that I have made along the way.

I am a firm believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason. Thanks to Jennifer, I met Kelly at a time in my life when I needed her the most. I have done some really stupid things since I’ve known her and she has always been there for me to help me pick myself back up. She’s never judgemental or hypocritical, just always supportive. I’m not sure what I would have done this year without her. A year doesn’t seem like that long, but sometimes I feel like we’ve known each other forever… especially when we seem to always finish each others sentences.

Through Kelly I have also been introduced to a lot of other great people. I realized on the way home from Auburn this weekend just how lucky I am. I spent the weekend with a group of people who don’t care where you work, how much money you make, how you dress, how much you weigh or any of that kind of trivial stuff. They only care that you are a good person and you are fun to be around. I had the best time because I could just be myself for once. I am the happiest I have been in a very long time and I think I am finally just comfortable with who I am and with the people I am choosing to spend my time with. It’s a really great feeling!

Thanks for this weekend you guys! You know who you are and I love you all!

1 comment:

Sizzle Pizzle said...

i agree - that is a sweetly awesome post.

all of your friends in blogland love you, too!!