Thursday, July 17, 2008

What Better Than a Blue Dancing Gorilla?

I mean, really? I consider myself fairly savvy when it comes to marketing schemes. It does happen to be what I went to school to do. But sometimes, I just totally can't understand what the marketing team was thinking when they came up with their campaign. This is one of them. What in the world does a blue dancing gorilla have to do with getting a degree? And if you don't have time to go back to school, shouldn't you be busy working rather than playing with the dancing gorilla? As you roll over the gorilla, he dances and when you scroll off of him he stops. Seriously people. Think again.


I also got the following e-mail the other day. Normally I don't pay too much attention to crap mail, but my interest in becoming a writer lead me to at least skim the e-mail. It's well designed and someone obviously spent some time and money on it. But apparently, the writing classes offered do not include lessons on proofreading as they encourage you to get "accedited" today!

1 comment:

Liöüx said...

OMG!!!

Me and some of my co-working BFFs are always sitting around saying 'I would've LOVED to have been at that marketing meeting' when we see Badvertising.

Just remember. It's TEAMS of people that come up with crap. It goes through many eyes/hands before approval.