Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Who got it worse? Them or me?

My office is on the corner of a long hall, very close to the breakroom and the bathroom. Luckily for me. Last week, I dressed really nice because I had a business meeting at lunch with a potential freelance client. He was an attorney driving in from Tuscaloosa to meet with me about a project and I thought it best that I spiff up a little bit and look professional. I wore one of my favorite outfits: a red wrap top and a black skirt with red flowers on it.

The meeting went great and I agreed to do the job. Afterwards, I went to the bathroom then headed back to my desk to work. I walked down the hall past several co-workers and into my office past the fellow I share an office with. As I went to sit down, I reached back to smooth my skirt against me and to my horror... felt nothing but ASS. My skirt had gotten tucked in my panties!

I have heard of this happening to people and always laughed thinking “Wouldn’t you feel the draft?” Apparently not. There is no telling how many of my co-workers saw my butt that day. So far they have all been polite enough not to say.

Update: I posted this blog yesterday and then left the office for a doctor's appointment. I was wearing the same outfit. I did it again. I walked through the crowded lobby and busy parking lot before a woman honked her horn at me and said "Ma'am, your skirt is up in the back." Of course the other women in the car with her were laughing hysterically. I can't blame them... I would have to. I think I should not wear that skirt anymore.

No comments: