Friday, March 24, 2006

These are the best times...


I should be closing on my new house on April 14th, 2006. The closer it gets, the more excited I get. There is just so much potential and fixing an old house is a lifelong dream of mine. Older homes just have so much more character and charm. This house, in Capital Heights, was built in 1930. It is a 2 story, cottage-style with three beds and 1.5 baths.

Jason and I like to entertain, so I can imagine that with our new large living room and a separate dining room, we will be having lots of people over as soon as we get settled in. For those of you who really know us, we love to play board games. It will be great to have a dining room table for people to sit at rather than sit all over the floor.

The yard has so much potential as well. It is a little overgrown right now, since it has been vacant for nearly a year. There is a huge magnolia tree in the back that canopies almost the entire back yard. There is a great brick patio which will also be a great entertaining spot. I am sure we will be doing a lot of grilling this summer and I can't wait for one of Jason's specialies: chicken & white sauce! Yum yum!

I just can't wait to get started! I think this will be a wonderful experience for Jason and I. What could bring two people closer together than building a home together?

No comments: