Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Boy, Has Life Changed

Obviously, there's been a large gap in the postings on this page. A little monkey that arrived on December 18th, 2009 is probably a large reason for that. Life has certainly been chaotic ever since and I wouldn't change a thing. Just over a year ago, I never would have imagined being married with a baby this quickly... but now that its happened, I can't imagine life without such a wonderful husband and the sweetest baby girl in the world. I really believe that it was all meant to happen this way and all of the pieces of my puzzle of life have just fallen right into place.

I returned to work on February 16, 2010. It was really difficult to leave Georgia Lou for so many hours a day. Luckily for me, Scott and especially Georgia Lou, she was able to stay with Grandma and her cousin, Noah, everyday. That at least made it a little easier on mommy's nerves. After just a couple of weeks of making a 2-hour commute daily, I started looking for alternative options such as taking a pay cut to work less days a week, etc. I think realizing that I wouldn't be able to stick out this arrangement long term, I was blessed to have my boss allow me to begin working from home!  I never even imagined that this could be a possibility but I am more than thankful for this opportunity.

So starting on April 1, 2010, I began working from my and Scott's home in Valley. This eliminated the need to get up 3 or more hours earlier to get ready, get me and the baby packed up, feed her and drive an hour and a half to mom's, just to drive another half hour to work and then reverse that route back home 8 hours later. Georgia Lou & I are getting more sleep and Mommy certainly feels a little more sane these days. Don't get me wrong, working from home is no easy task! Or should I say getting my work done while entertaining a four month old is not an easy task. Some days are better or worse than others, but for the most part Georgia Lou is a very content baby and easy to manage. Thank the Lord for PBS and Nick Jr. Unfortunately, I have already managed to learn the theme songs to most of the shows that come on both those channels and find them singing in my head even in my sleep. I think Scott worries about my sanity sometimes when I begin singing things like "Don't Bite Your Friends" to Georgia Lou.

On April 19, Georgia Lou had her 4-month checkup. She weighed in at 11 pounds 7 ounces and was 24 inches long. Though small for her age, she is growing at the proper rate and will just be a petite girl I think. Even though she is over 4 months old now, she is still wearing 0-3 months clothing and still has a good bit of room to grow in them! I will do my best to keep this site more updated in the future but no promises that there will be time in the currnt craziness!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love this picture! What a sweet (and good looking!) family! Congrats to you and yours!

Funny Facebook statuses said...

Life has certainly been chaotic ever since and I wouldn't change a thing.and then i like this picture that cute baby looking is very nice.