Friday, February 06, 2009

Baffled

As part of Scale Back Alabama, some of my co-workers and I have been dieting and exercising together. As a reward, on Fridays we eat somewhere other than in the cafeteria in our building. To be health conscience, today we walked to a restaurant I'd say about a dozen blocks or so away. We are walking through an area with some construction going on and we encountered something unexpected. A pair of underwear. A large pair. Of the tighty whitey variety. It was funny and unexpected as I watched all of my coworkers divert there walking paths to go around the pair of undies and looking down at them with a confused look on their faces.

This got me to thinking. How would this even happen? In the middle of downtown Montgomery, what scenario could end with someone’s tighty whities landing on the sidewalk? I didn’t see Tom Cruise or Dustin Hoffman driving by, so I don’t believe they were Rain Man’s underwear. Was someone carrying a spare pair in their briefcase? And why would you need to? And how would that be the ONLY article to escape? I’m baffled. Please, someone please, explain to me how this might have happened??

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have never lost my underwear. In public, anyway! As far as the ladybugs go - I used this spray called "bugstop" - it's okay to use indoors and stuff - then I plugged up the cracks around the door with toilet paper. That's where they are getting in, after all. So far, so good! The ones that do make it through die as soon as they hit the bug stop so I guess you could say my plan is working!