Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pssstdddttt! Eeeeeennntttd!!

So last night was the first whole evening I have spent at home in several weeks. So I decided it was time to take down the Christmas tree and get the Christmas decorations out of my front yard (yes, I really it is well after New Years). The moose I bought for my front yard suffered a tragedy in a storm last week and was slumped over onto the ground as if it had been caught in a driveby. So, last night I was searching the yard for the pegs that had once held his feet to the ground. While I was searching, the UPS pulled to the curb in front of my house and I was excited because I was expecting a package. I walked to the end of the driveway to greet the UPS man and receive my package. He had some difficulty with the machine that scans the package so we stood there idly chit chatting for a moment, when I realized that I had left my front door open so that I could carry the moose inside. I notice a large fluffy Siamese cat creeping toward my front porch. I say aloud, “No kitty, don’t go in my house.” But the cat pays me no mind and continues toward the door. I take a few steps that way thinking surely the cat will not just walk into an unknown house. Wrong. I am running through the front yard yelling strange sounds like “Pssttddd!!! EEEEEnnnttt! Noooooooo!” trying to scare it away. The cat gets into the foyer, hears me stomping up behind it, leaps into the air, makes a u-turn then runs out the door between my legs.

Of course, the UPS man is laughing hysterically and says, “I’m assuming that is not your cat.”

“No, and I’m allergic,” I tell him. I think I made his day.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Awesome!!!
Ask me Thursday about a co-worker that got a cat in her work vehicle without realizing it.