Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Moose

When I was about 5-years-old, I told my parents and Santa that I wanted a Christmas Moose. They had no idea what I was asking for. So, they went through sales papers and showed me every moose they could find and asked if this was it? Nothing was. So for Christmas that year, I got a bunch of mooses. They never figured out exactly what it was that I was asking for, and I was so young I don’t remember. But I was happy with all of the mooses that I did get. My favorite, which I remember having for years and years, were the Rodney and Rhonda Reindeer that were Hallmark’s Christmas special that year. Every year since then, I have gotten some sort of Christmas Moose.

So, last night I had been planning to go get a real Christmas tree. It rained, of course, and no one was available with a vehicle that could carry a live tree. So, I went to Target instead to get the lights and the stand so that I would be ready when weather permitted. There, I spotted a moose and I knew the moment I saw it that it was meant to be my Christmas Moose of 2008. He was a bit of a pain to assemble, but well worth it. I absolutely LOVE him!

No comments: