Thursday, December 06, 2007

Time Passes

It's funny how the time passes. This week has seemed to go by so slowly. I have so much to look forward to in the upcoming weeks, so I just want this one to be over! Next Friday, Scott and I are leaving for Gatlinburg and staying in a cabin with Jennifer and Justin. Scott and I will have been dating for 5 months (feels like much longer) next week and I think that's a good excuse to do some celebrating while we are there! Also, I haven't been to Gatlinburg in years and I have never been at Christmas time when all the lights are up. I am hoping that there is at least one snow flurry while we are there. Not enough snow to keep us from going out, but enough to enjoy. I thought when I moved to Alabama after living in Ohio and Maine that I would never want to see snow again… but I do miss it.

Then, the next week is Christmas. I have been buying presents since Halloween and it has been killing me to keep them hidden and not give them early (except a couple which I did give early). I'm really looking forward to this Christmas. The holidays last year were so hard on me. I was single and living alone for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I always love to spend time with my family during the holidays but it still felt pretty lonely not to have a significant other to share it with. This year… not so much. I have really enjoyed putting up the tree and taking pictures and sending cards with Scott. (If you've given me your address, expect your card in the next few days.) He's not a scrooge like most of the guys I've dated and he's happy to help me put up lights and watch silly Christmas movies. He's so great. Its so much fun to sneak around buying, wrapping and hiding Christmas gifts. I can't wait to give him all the things I've gotten.

Then the next week, we will be going to New Orleans for several days. The main reason for the trip, of course, is to go to the Sugar Bowl to see Georgia play Hawaii. But we plan to do some sight seeing while we are there as well. And I have no idea what we'll be doing when we ring in the new year, but I'm excited to be spending it there. The only time I have ever been to NOLA, it rained the entire day and the Essence Festival was going on so it was a madhouse. I'm looking forward to having the time to shop around and do all the things I want to do. If anyone has any suggestions for places we should go or things we should see while we are there, feel free to let us know!I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling as great as I am right now! It's almost Christmas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't rain the whole day.......

Amy said...

Almost the whole day. Nice to know you still pay attention...