Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Couple of Blunders

SUNDAY

Sunday afternoon I had my purse sprawled out on Scott's bed and digging through the contents. Scott: What are you looking for?
Me: (frustrated) My keys!
Scott: What's that in your hand?
Me: (more frustrated) My keys!

MONDAY

Monday morning when I was leaving Scott's house for work, I stopped by the gas station in Valley. While the gas was pumping I ran inside to grab a muffin for breakfast. The cashier messed up while ringing up the guy in front of me, so I had to stand in line longer than normal. The sun was streaking in the window and right into my face where I was in line. I stood there with my hand shielding my eyes thinking, "I sure wish I had my sunglasses." I finally checked out, got to the car and reach for my sunglasses. They weren't there. Becuase they were on my head. I'm sure I looked like an idiot in the store my my hands over my face when I had sunglasses on top of my head all along.

TUESDAY

Tuesday night, as I mentioned before, Scott & I went to dinner with some friends at Olive Garden. We ordered some drinks and an appetizer. When the appetizer came out, I looked down at my lap and realized that my napkin wasn't there. I peeked under the table and couldn't see it. So Scott, being the gentleman that he is, offered to get it for me. He leaned over and almost had his head in my lap reaching all over the floor. Kelly, looks at me confused and says, "What is he looking for?" When I told her, she pointed across the table at my silverware which was... yes, still wrapped in my napkin! At that moment, Scott says "Well, where the hell did it go!?" I burst out laughing. I don't know why, but I was certain that I had already unwrapped my napkin and placed it in my lap. I can't explain it. Poor Scott. I don't know how he deals with me.

But I'm sure glad he does!

No comments: